Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass & Metrowest helps children realize their potential and build their futures. We couldn't do any of it without you.
Founded in 1963, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass & Metrowest has supported children in our community through individualized mentoring programs for over 50 years. We reach the children who need us most through strong partnerships with local schools and youth development programs, and with the support of community volunteers, many coming from local colleges and corporations.
Volunteers serve as mentors (Bigs) to children (Littles) who are living in poverty, come from single-parent households, or face other types of adversity. Bigs and Littles meet weekly for activities that might include working on homework, attending a sporting event, taking a hike or walk, cooking a healthy meal, doing a science experiment, and so much more. The essential activity is quality, uninterrupted time between a reliable, caring mentor and a child in need of additional adult support. Mentors are a consistent adult presence in the lives of mentees celebrating their successes, facing challenges with them and helping them reach their full potential.
Everyone ignites their potential.
To create professionally supported mentoring relationships, empowering youth to realize their potential and build brighter futures.
Empowerment, Transformation, Opportunity
• We believe all children deserve a great mentor
• We believe our most important assets are our mentors, our staff, and Board of Directors
• We believe positive, safe mentoring relationships transform both mentors and mentees to become the best versions of themselves
• We seek to create a diverse environment for our mentees, their mentors, our staff, and our Board of Directors
• We always value the commitment of our community partners and contributors
• We seek and cultivate partners who help create opportunities for our mission
• We believe our mission allows us to serve as a strong partner and voice in our communities
• We succeed when we put our full, consistent effort into every match
• We achieve excellence through innovation
• We believe that staff development is vital as it strengthens our team